The Transology Association
York Office for Transgender affairs
and Homeless Services
What do we do with Donations and Grants
for the Transgender and the Homeless Communities
1. Provide monetary funding for all homeless people to help pay for shelter when no other shelter is available, this is
becoming a great need in this area due to lack of buildings available to provide shelter to homeless.
2. Provide monetary funding for transportation for homeless so they have a chance to find jobs, and have
transportation to and from a job.
3. Provide monetary funding for homeless to help pay for medical needs when no insurance is available, or their
insurance does not pay for procedures needed for health of Life circumstance.
4. Provide monetary funding for food for homeless who have no chance of acquiring food or to help pay for groceries
when no money is available to homeless living in shelters without jobs.
5. Provide monetary funding to purchase a small bus type vehicle to help provide transportation for homeless people
in need of transportation when none is available to them which is a large case in this area.
6. Provide monetary funding to maintain the bus needs such as license tags, inspection, general engine maintenance
such as oil, gas, repairs, insurance and drivers pay and workers compensation.
7. Provide monetary funding for programs and pay for locations to house the programs.
8. Provide monetary funding for transgender individuals needing help with their transitioning when they do not have
the funding to pay for the services needed.
9. Provide monetary funding for Transgender individuals needing help paying for their name change when they do not
have funding due to being homeless and jobless which is a big factor.
10. Provide monetary funding for Transgender individuals needing help paying for medical prescriptions and medical
services when no other means of paying for this need is available which is a crisis to many transgender individuals
anywhere in the United States.
11. Provide funding for a college scholarship for transgender children graduating from high school to help pay for first
year of college to help them get started in their life.
12. Provide funds for schooling for Homeless individuals who wish to learn a different trade to regain their self-respect
13. Provide monetary funds for transgender individuals who wish to learn a different trade to improve their ability to live
14. Provide funding to help Transgender homeless and other homeless individuals help pay for first month’s rent and
Security Deposit when no other means for this funding for them is available which is a crisis for Transgender
15. Provide funding for Transgender parents for babysitting so they can go to work and earn a living for them and their
16. Provide funding for Homeless families needing shelter and for groceries.
17. Provide funding for our office overhead and utilities such as insurance, monthly rent for the office, phone, internet,
electric and water, gas, parking and office supplies and office machines.
18. Provide funding to transgender individuals who need help paying for their transitioning therapy.
19. Provide funding to help pay for a transgender individuals therapy by a licensed transgender therapist for Gender
What we want to do in the Future and how we would use the Grants and Donations
1. Our office is a 2 room office with very little room to provide a area for programs or to hold meetings for the
2. In time we would like to purchase a building to house our needs for the Homeless and Transgender communities
that will provide rooms for homeless and areas for meetings and programs.
3. We have donation drives and fund raisers, but this does not give us enough funding for much of anything except
maybe paying for supplies.
4.. Our board of directors consist of Transgender individuals who have lived their lives as their authentic selves for over
15 to 25 years.
5.. We first started out helping transgender population by creating Transgender support groups beginning is 2004 to
present when I started this office for Transgender Affairs and Homeless Services in York, Pa. The Name of our
office is The Transology Association Inc., York Office for Transgender Affairs and Homeless Services. We first
opened our office in July of 2021 and have been providing the overhead to run our office out of our pockets and
desperately need grants to help keep our office alive to help these communities.
6.. Our office is the first of its kind to help the transgender population on a local basis. We only help Transgender
individuals and now Homeless individuals.
7.. We started helping Homeless individuals because there are many homeless transgender people. After researching
the homeless we decided to help all homeless because of this fact.
8.. There really are not many places a transgender individual can go to seek help that is free to them for any situation
and many places will not help a transgender individual just because they are transgender. This factor is changing
slowly but still is a major factor in providing help to the transgender communities.
9. There are other homeless businesses that provide help to the homeless but not many are providing what we wish
to provide to the homeless communities. The businesses that do help homeless need help helping the homeless
due to the homeless population growing. We intent to help with this issue by providing the funding mentioned in
10. We are looking for grants that can provide 50,000 to 150,000 for our first grant to help our needs to help the
communities mentioned in this document. Our yearly need would budget out to around 50,000 a year after all
needs have been provided for which give us a recurring need for 50,000 pus a year.
11. This is only an estimate, things can change drastically in the course of a year at times.
12. Right now our yearly need is around 25,000 but this does not include a bus or the bus upkeep, program cost,
location cost, funding for transgender and homeless needs for medical, shelter, food etc. ….
13. Our goal is to be able to purchase a building large enough to provide rooms for homeless people on a 90-day
temporary basis. While living in our building we would help them to get back on their feet and help to establish
them with a job so they can begin to develop a new life and be on their own again.
14.. In this building we want to also have a section for a Transgender Therapist and a Psychologist. These medical
professionals will help transgender individuals on their journey in life that know and understand the needs of these
people that are in transition to be who they are so that their internal self being, and self-awareness matches their
15. In this building we want to have a section for a medical practitioner to provide health care to Transgender
individuals who is acquainted with the medical needs of transgender people.
16. In this building we wish to have enough space available to provide programs for both the Homeless and
transgender communities that could seat 40 people comfortably and also use this space to hold community
meetings and dinners for homeless.
17. In this building we also will need space for our offices and a file room for records. There would be need for at least
5 rooms for the Board Members to work independently with people needing guidance and assistance and to work
with the local governments.
18. In this building we would also need a large conference room to hold meetings with government officials and other
community businesses related to homeless and transgender needs.
19. Along with this building we would need a large lot for parking. The property should be on at least 1 acre of land to
provide the space needed for the building and parking.
20. In this building we would also like to have space where clothing could be donated for those needing clothes, coats,
shoes and seasonal attire.
21. In this building we would also like to have a space where vending machines could be located for these
communities to use.